Twenty-Eight Days: Day 1
Sunday, July 29, 2018.
The Twenty-Eight Day challenge is simple, you think of 10 things that would like to have, improve, recover from, understand, do, see, enjoy; there is no limit. Coming from experience, and completing 24 days in total, I did make several breakthroughs. I look back now, a little over two years from doing the challenge previously and realize that I accomplished many things in life that I set out to accomplish on those very lists of 10. Study says it takes 21 days to form a habit, to change a way of thinking, to make a breakthrough of some sort. Other studies state it is 28 days, some say 66.) Whatever it takes you to get out of that rut, meet that goal, feel better entirely, DO IT.
Supplies needed for this journey:
- A Journal (one you like and will use)
- A writing instrument
- A clear, fresh mind in the morning
- An alarm clock
- First thing in the morning, write 10 things that you would like to have in your life, want to accomplish, what goals you want to reach, there are no limits to this. Then be grateful for these things in advance. Write them as if you already have them, not as if you will have them in the future.
- Write down why you are grateful for each of these things.
- Read each of the items on the list, in your mind or out loud. After each item, try to amp up your feelings of gratefulness, your sense of wonder and awe, your joy. Visualize yourself already having each of the items-the more detailed the visualization, the better, associate a feeling to each of them. Feel, as you would feel if you had them already. Feel the happiness, the joy, the serenity, etc… the goal is for you to get the chills every time you visualize each item.
Repeat the first 3 steps, every morning, for the next 27 days.
I am doing this with you! You are not alone on this challenge you guys. Have fun with it, your options and imagination are endless.